Sunday, January 10, 2010

Valentine's Garland

Okay, I love this project so much!! All I did was cut out about a bazillion felt circles in three different sizes. It wasn't as labor intensive as it sounds, because I cut two layers at a time and did it over a couple of days while watching tv. Then I used invisible thread (wow, SUCH a pain to use, by the way) to stitch the circles together. Once I got rolling, I sewed them all together in less than ten minutes. I could totally see making these in other colors for birthday parties and other holidays. I was even thinking that they'd make a cute bulletin board border in my classroom. You could cut other shapes too, like leaves, and then it would look like a lovely leaf garland. How cute would one of those be in autumn colors around a classroom door on the first day of school??

1 comment: