Monday, January 4, 2010

Ellie the Elephant



This is Ellie. I finished Ellie late last night, and I'm planning for her to be my first toy drop for Toy Society. I used a pattern (which my mom helpfully informed me that I'd paid way too much for), and really enjoyed seeing my little stuffy take form! The hardest part for me was machine-appliqueing the toenails onto her little feet. I'm just starting to be able to sew a smooth curved line, and those sharp little curves were a real challenge!
I used 3 fat quarters (I had a lot left over of the blanket and inner ear fabric), and about $0.70 worth of felt. I'll definitely be using this pattern again, although hopefully future projects will look a little more finished.



1 comment:

  1. I love this Elie the elephant softie and think the Toy Society is a great cause. Well done.

    ReplyDelete