Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Cutest Little Needle Book



This has been a busy week for me professionally (see previous posts), so I haven't had much time for crafting, sewing, and blogging. I did, however, manage to complete this sweet little project.

Skebba has a tutorial for a Little Letter Needle Book, which I figured I could handle. I also really needed the stress relief that my sewing machine affords!

I only did a couple of things differently. First, I used two different felt rectangles for the "pages" of my book, because I just couldn't decide between that vibrant red-orange or the stunning teal. To make sure that both colors could be seen, I offset them slightly, then stitched down the middle with a contrasting thread.



I also chose not to topstitch mine. It lays perfectly flat even without the topstitching, because I really went to town with the iron. I think that gives the front of the envelope a cleaner, more mail-like look.

I do intend to add some kind of snap, or maybe velcro with a decorative button, but I'm not quite there yet.



If anyone out there is in need of a cute, quick needle book, this is the tutorial for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment