Sunday, January 10, 2010

Checkbook Cover

This was a quick project I threw together in a few minutes. The measurements and inspiration came from Prudent Baby, but I used double-sided fusible lightweight interfacing to make mine a little stiffer. I had never used interfacing before, so it was a fun challenge to figure out how to make it work.

Basically, I followed the instructions on Prudent Baby exactly, except that before I sewed I ironed the outside fabric piece (the big owl piece) to a piece of interfacing that I cut just a little bit smaller. Then I sewed everything together as described and turned the whole thing inside out (which was tricky with the stiff interfacing), then ironed again to fuse the interfacing to the yellow inside fabric. Finally, I folded the checkbook cover and ironed it again to give it a nice deep fold.

Unfortunately, just after finishing this project I realized that I was out of checks. Oh well, my new checks will be here in the next few days, so I'll get to try this out then!

No comments:

Post a Comment