Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Curtains

I haven't posted much this week, because I've had several projects in the works, and I only finished most of them today (I'll post the rest of them soon). This was my biggest project to date: new curtain panels for my living room.

When we moved in, our apartment had standard-issue miniblinds, which we never bothered to replace with anything nicer or more insulated. As anyone who has cats can attest, miniblinds are no match for a feline who is determined to get to the windowsill, so needless to say the blinds were getting a bit battered and nasty looking. They also let in too much cold air in the winter and hot air in the summer.

I ended up buying way too much of the same fabric I used for my table runner, and I started looking around for a way to use up the rest of it. I tacked it up over the window just to see how it would look, and was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. So I went back, bought the rest of the bolt, and embarked on this adventure. I just finished them, so I haven't gotten to see them in the daylight, but I love how they warm up my living room.






And I lined them! Check out my blind hem-fu!


I really like how these tabs at the top turned out.
Update:
Here are some daylight pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment