Monday, March 8, 2010

Sandwich Day

Saturday Chelsea and I got together for another craft day. Both of us got quilt fixins' at the sewing expo, and we were eager to get together for our first ever quilting bee.

For Chelsea, the theme of the day ended up being "I can do it!" - more on her amazing quilt later!

For me, the theme was "sandwiches." Less inspiring.

My quilt is kind of unique. Instead of piecing together the front, then layering it with batting and a backing, each square is layered with all three pieces like a sandwich, then the sandwiches are stitched together.

Step one: cut a whole busload of 7" squares.



108, to be exact.



Step two: cut half a busload of 6" batting squares:



Step three: make little sandwiches. The fabric is the bread. The batting is the meat.



Make 54 of those little suckers:



Step 4: eat a sandwich and call it a day.



Stay tuned for more on this exciting project.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm... sandwiches. I am having mine for dinner tonight! Love the pictures, as usual.

    PS - Do you like that I comment on here, given the fact I have the opportunity to talk to you in person 6-8 hours of the day? :)

    ReplyDelete