Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tutorial: Spoon Garden Stakes

My little antique spoon garden stakes turned out so cute, I thought I'd give more info about how to make your own! Here's what you need:
-Antique spoons. See if you can find the real silver ones - you may have to do some digging at Value Village.
-Mod Podge
-Paper
-Colored Pencils
-A very fine point, archival-quality pen
-Paintbrush

Start by using the pen and pencils to create your art. I like the simple look of the herbs. I "repurposed" some junk mail for this project.

Tear out your pictures.

I used some antiquing medium and acrylic paint to give the pictures a very subtle aging. Then I used Mod Podge to glue the pictures to the bowls of the spoons and the bottom of the fork.



Give each piece 1-2 coats of Mod Podge to seal.

Use Outdoor Mod Podge for a waterproof garden stake!

No comments:

Post a Comment