Thursday, May 6, 2010

Another Mother's Day Idea



Here's another cute idea for mom... a little herb garden with handmade antique silverware garden signs.

Full disclosure: the garden signs are not my idea! I must have seen them somewhere, somehow online, but I don't have a link for you. I'll show you how I made mine, but if you know who should get credit for this great idea, let me know so I can provide a link!








These are so simple. All you need is white paper, antique spoons (check your thrift store), colored pencils, a black pen, and Mod Podge. Create a simple little sketch on the white paper, using the black pen. Color it in with the colored pencils. Tear the sketch all the way around. Use Mod Podge to glue it to the spoon, then add two more coats of Mod Podge to seal. If you use the outdoor Mod Podge, it will even be waterproof in your garden!



I used the same technique on an antique fork, then bent the tines to create a card holder. This could also be used for photos.

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment: