Sunday, September 26, 2010

Colorful Boys Quilt



Today is a rainy, gray day in Seattle, so Chelsea and I decided it was the perfect day for an outing to the fabric store. She was picking out fabrics for two adorable baby girl quilts, and I needed some border fabric for my Wild Thing/Hello Betty quilt (which I am finishing up now... pics to come!).

I was really only planning to buy the border fabric, but the striped fabric on the far right in the pic above just jumped off the shelf at me. I grabbed it on a whim, and almost immediately I spotted the owl fabric on another shelf. Those were quickly followed by the thicker stripe fabric, the plaid, and the stars. The chocolate brown solid finished off this happy little pile just perfectly!



I'm not exactly sure which pattern I want to use for this quilt. I've been looking at Cluck. Cluck. Sew. for inspiration, and I have a couple of good ideas: either this fun wonky block, or a more simple blocked quilt using her stack 'n whack tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment